Friday, July 19, 2013

Black Women: Are you Enabling or Hindering Your Relationahip?

   Last week I went in on Black Men asking them to get the respect back that they lost in society and in their homes. Well guess what ladies, it's your turn! I'm coming after you this time out; giving you my thoughts and feelings on all y'all always asking your man to be a man!  Yes, I can admit there are more than enough times we men need to stand up and act like men, take care of home, treat you women like the Queens that you are. No we don't always take out the trash, we sit in front of the TV watching sports throwing a few back. We've all done it, but is is not about what men do or don't do, it's about what you let us do.

     Ladies, I'm coming to you because I'm always hearing from y'all what pisses you off about your man, your dude or your guy. About what he wants from you or wants you to do for him.  Well maybe, just maybe he is this way because you allow him to be this way.  I will always believe in the saying, "A man will do what you allow him to do!" 

   Here are a few questions I would like you to ask yourself while you're reading through this blog.  Are you doing enough to motivate your man and keep him focused on your relationship?  Are you giving him that positive reinforcement that he may need to make it through his day. I don't care what you say, it is hard out here for us black men and sometimes we need that positive push instead if the negative beat down.  I'm always hearing from women across all ages and socio-economic statuses about what they won't do for their man yet expect the world from their man.  Now how does that work??? 

     You can't tell me that you don't want to cook for me but expect me to bring home the bacon. The old wives tale still holds form, 'A way to a mans heart is through his stomach." Old wives, not too many of them around anymore is it. Women want to live the married life but dont want to do the wifely duties of taking care of home. Yes you work all week and I know you get tired, damn so do I. Today’s woman no longer wants to work outside the house and inside of the house, its either one or the other. Well when I was growing up Mom did both and didn't complain about it.  Well at least I don't think she complained about it, but I was a child and I stayed in my place so I wouldn't know if she did.  What I do know is that my parents went to work everyday, mom came home cooked dinner, took care of the kids and laundry…while pop, came home from work sat at the end of the table and paid the bills.

All that being said, yes ladies working outside the house as well as inside the house can be done, question is, are you willing to do it??? 

      Ladies if you allowing your man to sit at home and not work, play XBox or PS3 all day and drink that might just be your fault. Yeah he should have more ambition than that but this is not that blog. All we men want from you is some resemblance of respect and we will give you the world. We don't want a mother, we already have one of those. We don't want a teacher or another boss, we have that on the job. Men just want that confidant to share mutual respect and love.    


1 comment:

  1. I was going to dispute most of what you said but I won't because you are right! You made valid points, just don't promise us the world. Yes a man will do what a woman allows, this goes both ways. I've heard the speech about he was doing this after you got with him, the signs were there... ect The same goes for men, she didn't show you that she wasn't cooking, cleaning, kids, sexing you and working. Oops,I forgot she hid that part from you...that didn't show up until after the first kid came out. I wonder who you passed over because you just had to have her. (Sorry had to say that) I know this is not the case with everyone. Sometimes all this and meeting your demands can be alot and it's probably more stressful than it was back in the day. Working in/outside the house can be done and is done by many women. I just think we have to know what we sign up for and roles have to be determined from the start. Things that was once expected is no longer common knowledge...I know I was taught to be independent and duties are to be equally shared.
    I have two questions: What are you doing while she's doing all she does? Do you believe in equal/ shared duties? I'm not saying it's wrong if some men who thinks she should do it all, just make sure she's on board with this. *ijs

    ReplyDelete