Saturday, March 16, 2013

We're Men: You Know How We Do...

They're MEN, that's what they do. He's just being a MAN. Did you really expect him to do something different. All phrases that are commonly used by women to describe a MANs behavior or actions. Of course there are many more that I could have gone with; I just decided to stop here with these. (Ladies feel free to post your phrase below when you post your replies!). All that being said, you know your man or guy that's in your life; you know how he/ we will react in certain situations and settings. We're men! Lets analyze why we do what we do...
Don't be afraid brothers I'm not going deep into our men's handbook, I won't break the CODE!
Ladies, it's not that deep or complicated as to why we do what we do. Yes I'm taking it there: Women! Women you are the root cause of us MEN acting how we act. Think about...
Scenario 1:
Summer Day nice out and y'all women got them sexy ass Sundress's on.
Here you come walking down the street looking good, better yet smelling all good. Are we not supposed to look? I mean really; you probably spent 2 hours in the house getting yourself all prepped to make your appearance. Hair, nails, perfume/body spray, and yes picking out the perfect outfit for the day. You women know what your mission is before you step out the door: Turn Heads! So if that's the mission all us men are going to do is oblige your mission and LOOK at that ass as you walk by. I mean this why you spent all that in the mirror trying to figure out, "does this look right???" So remember when you walk down the street, we're gonna look, - that's what we do! It's Spring again... Sundress's on deck!
Scenario 2:
Him - sitting down watching the game throwing a few back...
Her - Talking/asking questions (Ladies insert question or topic here _____?)
Real talk, we're not listening. We will agree, say yes, nod, give you a very general "Ok babe, yeah you're right. We won't even know what we agreed to or probably didn't even know what was said until next week sometime when you asking us why we didn't what we said we was gonna do. What we do know is, the game is on; we don't want to be bothered and we will do whatever it takes for y'all to leave us the hell alone! Really, you had to ask me that shit right here, right now??? That could have waited another half hour. So on the following Tuesday when you're asking us why we're not doing what we said we would do on Saturday when the game was on: we were just trying to see the game and have a drink - that's what we do! It's March MarchMadness ain't it? Don't ask me to do shit for the next 2 weeks... IJS Go TU Go TU!

These were just 2 examples of why we do what we do. I told the brothers I wasn't gonna to deep in the Men's Handbook and I didn't, yet I got my point across. Matter of fact , I'm stopping here because there is another game on as I compose this blog. I got to go get my drink and post up - You Know How We Do! Rum/Coke on deck...






18 comments:

  1. Wait a minute tho so in scenario one we put sundresses for u men?? I guess im learning that one. Thought we were dressing or smelling good for ourselves at least as far as im concern I do!
    Scenario 2 ok thats true I can agree to that,time and place for each things!
    Duane here u go again with that "BLAME GAME"!!! I thought we passed that stage already? Men made women that way and women made men that way. Everybody is at fault lets avoid the blames sir!!
    Great article

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've talked prior to me responding to this post here. You're correct, you dress for yourself. You Know How We Do - we're going to comment; either as a compliment or as some brothas do, as a pick up line!
      Are our comments warranted, no, yet they come at you just the same. Don't blame us because you look good! Hahahahaha (inside joke)

      The BLAME GAME as you call it, I disagree. It's a a mans point of view. The other side to the conversation women have all the time. If it looks like I'm placing blame, maybe it's because women aren't used to men saying what's on our minds outside of sex!!! Yes, some of us are deeper than that...

      Delete
  2. Well, females of any species do stuff to attract the males & men shouldn't act simple when we do it! After all, we are supposed to be above those primal urges, right? As a sports fan, I get how annoying those questions during the game are. If we understood how each of us communicated, things would be better between us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all men act simple. There are times when a compliment is just that... A Compliment. Just because I tell you or any woman you may look nice or I like the way you are carrying yourself, it doesn't mean I'm trying to pick you up or want anything out of you. Remember, some of us were taught manners and respect growing up as children!
      Communication is the Key!
      #Relationships2013

      Delete
  3. Typical man, is another phrase we use!

    I guess you are right about men's actions being reactions to women. I dress to look good for me not for men. I don't wear sundresses, but I do smell good everyday....my fragrance is not geared towards a men, it's what I like.

    Women who try to get men to commit to things while he is preoccupied watching the game, do so because it's something she has been asking you that you won't commit to or give her an answer for! Or she just scarred to ask you, so slip it in while he's distracted. I don't do things like this because I like real straight answers. Anyway I'm probably sitting next to you watching the game!

    We need to stop labeling everything male/female! These are all relationship issues and we just need to learn to accept our differences and talk to each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A woman that likes sports, a rarity! So then in that case if your talking its game related, nice!
      Agreed, you dress for you; so you say it never crosses your mind even if in passing, I wonder who gonna like what I have on???
      Now trying to get a man to commit to anything while watching the game is a no-no... That will just lead to even more issues and disagreements. Now that's not a good look no matter how you dress it up!
      If we're talking #Relationships2013, we have to keep it Female/Male, this is where the problems lie...

      Delete
    2. Yes we're talking about game and maybe what's happening after the game! ;)

      I admit I might on occasion thing about who likes what in have on! But dressing can often be a competition between the women...waiting on other females to ask were did you get those shoes from.

      I guess if it's about #Relationships2013 we have label it Female/Male!

      Delete
  4. In some situations the only time a woman can talk to some men is while the game is on, or during the commercial because some men are always so much on the go that is the only time that they are sitting down. That causes a whole nother topic of discussion (communication and a lack of it). However speaking personally I am probably sitting next to you watching the game rooting for the opposite team (so not a philly fan) making personal playful bets between each other....so therefore I dont have that problem. Most women that have that problem are insecure and childish. Men need to have some "alone" time to just put their feet up and vice versa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if the only time you get to talk to your man is during the game; there are other issues going that need to be addresses (communication). I guarantee he is not paying attention while the game is on! That just facts...
      SN: not a Philly 4for4 - oh it's on, I'm taking all bets! Bring it

      Delete
    2. I am not saying that is my situation. I agree that there is a communication problem (hence I said communication and lack of it) I am just saying that is the case for some women! and not I am not a philly 4for4. As far as football I like the COWBOYS and the 49ers. As far as basketball I like OKC and as far as baseball I like NY yankees!

      Delete
    3. Wait... Did you just say cowboys on my blog???
      Obviously you didn't read the about Iamduaneb blog post...
      Cowboys name the bet! Yankees is my #2 team after the Phillies so you get a pass there. OKC young guns... Eh! Sixers & Heat are my hoops teams

      Delete
  5. For the record I dress for me! Now I will admit if I am going out on a date with my man I will dress a little extra sexy for him. I do have a tendency to accent my boobs because I like them and I dont have a booty so I accent what I have but that is all for me not for no man or for lookers. I dress the way I dress because I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of women took the dressing thing kind of personal. Yes, I know y'all dress for yourselves... But I'm sure somewhere deep inside, or maybe not so deep inside cause I've seen some of the stuff y'all put on to go out! Has to be admitted some of y'all (women/girls/females) would be upset if not 1 man looked or made notice that he liked the way you looked...
      I truly believe that 100%
      JMO

      Delete
    2. I wouldnt care if other men looked or not. as long as MY MAN noticed that is all that mattered.

      Delete
    3. And in the case you were not dating or seeing someone; would it matter then? Single and looking or being looked at... Hahahahaha

      Delete
    4. When you dont look is when you are found.....

      Delete
    5. The question is, when you go out as a single woman; are you dressing (back of your mind) to impress that possible mate???

      Delete
    6. I am not a single woman (I am in a committed relationship) however, when I was available no I did not. If I thought I looked cute in something I wore it for me because it made me feel good.

      Delete